Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nesting time

Still no photo but hopefully that will come soon. In the meantime our home has started taking on a new personality as we've begun making things ready for the arrival of our son. "Bita" (Great-grandma Cespedes) keeps telling us not to buy anything because she wants to shower our little one while we're in Colombia, but then Eduardo told her that he didn't think he'd be able to keep this new mommy from shopping at least a little bit. Throughout our homestudy and wait time we've done pretty well. We found a beautiful crib at an excellent price and then added a mattress and bedding but beyond that we have restrained ourselves largely because not only were we going to be surprised by whether the baby was a boy or a girl but also the age.

So...the teddybear bedroom is starting to take shape and a shopping trip with Nana today yeilded an absolutely adorable outfit. Everywhere I look I can see that one of my deepest dreams is about to be realized. I've dreamed of being a mommy for as long as I can remember and my heart is full tonight as I pray for my son.

Father, thank you that your hold all life in Your hand. Thank you that even though I am far away, you can cradle my son in Your arms. Comfort his heart tonight if he cries, and make his dreams sweet. Bless those you are caring for him with wisdom, patience and grace and thank you that he is so loved already. Dear Lord, please hasten the days; let the papers flow smoothly and the days pass swiftly until I can kiss his precious face and hold him in my arms as well as my heart. Amen

Sleep sweetly my precious, baby boy. Mommy already loves you more than you could ever know!!

1 comment:

Aunty Deb said...

Can't wait!!!