It has been a week since we have become a family of three. It has been a great time and we have seen God's hand througout this whole time, our baby has started to become more used to us and has started to bond with us.
Eduardo has become an expert in changing diapers, and Luis Eduardo thinks that this is the most wonderful time... you should see the giggles that our baby gets everytime that daddy says "It's diaper time!" Trisha has the "mommy touch", it doesn't matter how tired, hungry, bored our baby gets... she can soothe him in no time.
The other day, we had to leave the house and Luis Eduardo under the care of Bita (Eduardo's grandma) and the housekeeper as we had to go and do some errands at the notary. We left him napping and knew that we had about 1 hr, we went to the notary and came back home finding Bita sitting besides the crib and our baby sobbing. We look at him and it was the biggest smile, giggling and swinging his arms towards us... Bita said "looks he was missing you!!" This is an answer to prayer... he is bonding with us.
It has been an exhausting change for all of us, but a good one... I have never in my life been so exited for nap time... every 30min of sleep that we can get, is good.
The other day, I (Eduardo) went to get my criminal record check for Colombia and it was one of those days... I looked up the route through the Transmilenio "the bus system", got the appointment to appear and went on my way... Half an hour later... I got lost, found myself in the wrong station and the connecting bus was not existent. It was one of those movie moments... I lost the appointment, it started to rain, I got drenched and now I have a cold... the only thing missing is a sad, sad, song for a soundtrack.
When I came home, dripping... Trisha and Luis Eduardo welcomed me with a smooch and lots of smiles and giggles, it was worth it! And as I got dry, I thought about those naps that our son takes... he rests completely knowing that everything is ok, and everything will be fine because daddy is there. I think this is a lesson that I needed to be reminded of that in the midst of everything... we need to rest in Him and just take a nap!
Updates:
- We are still doing all the paperwork necessary for our integration meeting. This meeting may be delayed for one more week.
- Luis Eduardo is fighting a bit of a cold, please keep him in your prayers.
2 comments:
Boy oh Boy what a great picture of the two of you.
We will pass this picture on to Grandpa and Grandma and we know they will be exploding with joy.
Take care you are in our prayers always.
Love you all
Uncle Nik and Auntie Sheila
We're praying all the paperwork goes through "swish"! We love you 3 so much!!
And we are so excited to see you - next week!!! yay!
Love, Dad and Mom (Papa and Nana)
-not really "anonymous" =)
Post a Comment