So it has now been 6 days since we became parents and it has been an absolutely amazing week. There were so many people who told me (Trisha) throughout this process that being a mom would change my whole life. Of course, you couldn´t be more accurate!!! There have been some obvious and notable changes - like our sleep patterns - that we expected and are definately feeling, but something else has happened that I guess I didn´t really know quite how to prepare myself for. I feel like my eyes have changed, my perspective and focus is completely different now. Some of that is practical, like being really really glad that I opted not to bother bringing long earrings, and some of it is much more profound. As I stare into the eyes of my precious little baby boy as he is eating, I feel like I more fully understand what it should look like to trust God for our provision. As I care for him I feel like I have a new take on the verse from Psalms that says we are ´fearfully and wonderfully made´. Our Creator is beyond a genius and when all the systems He designed are functioning as they should be it truly is something amazing. And yesterday, on his 6 month birthday, when my little boy rolled himself over from his back to his belly and a look of sheer glee crossed his face, followed by a look of confusion as suddenly everything he was looking at was different, I realized how much joy we adults can sometimes miss out on as we try to accomplish new things. We should never stop learning and never stop striving to be the best that we can be, because our Creator intends that for us, but along the way I hope I will keep learning from my baby to be more trusting of my Heavenly Father, to be more at peace in His design and to take moments to celebrate new things as they come.
I have definately had my life changed, and I couldn´t be happier, I would never choose uninterupted sleep for the smile that I get when I pick him up out of his crib. I would never choose complete independence for the feeling of him falling asleep in my Moby Wrap (which incidentally, is the single best baby purchase we made!!!), and I am so thankful to be seeing the world through new eyes!! Our Father´s world is truly wonderous!!!
2 comments:
I couldn't sleep...so thought I would check here. So glad I did! He is beautiful....awwwww....his smile put a lump in my throat! Okay...I can sleep now =)
We love you all!
Aunty Deb and Uncle Dave
This picture is awesome and it just makes you want to jump in the picture and squeeze and hug him.
Take care.
Lots of Love
Uncle Nik & Auntie Sheila
Post a Comment