What an incredible day today has been!!! I (Trisha) haven't wanted to post over the last week or so for the main reason that doing so would push my precious baby boy's photo farther down the screen. However, today has been too exciting NOT to document it. Where shall I begin???
We started this blog 2 weeks ago when we were first informed that we had been matched. Everything was quite a flurry of excitement for a few days and then once again settled into waiting. This rhythm is so common with every stage of adoption that we have started to become accustomed to it. I'll save you the confusing and long post that this would be if I was to even attempt to outline all of the steps and papers that are needed, but suffice it to say that our hands were rather tied for the past week while we've been waiting for various official people to do what they do. So during the wait we have been repeatedly checking the various airlines and playing with dates. We've watched a couple of great deals come and go but without some of the key documents we cannot travel and guessing when they will be ready is never an exact science. So...we waited, and we waited, and we checked the computer some more, and we prayed, and we waited...
Today we received word that the last batch of papers requiring our signatures will be ready tomorrow, and that anything else that we're waiting for can be FedExed to it's final destination. That meant that we were able to buy tickets to travel!!! I am stunned as I sit here typing this, but we will be flying in 19 sleeps!!! Thank you, everyone, for your prayers to this point and beyond. We feel so supported and blessed to have such wonderful friends and family sharing this with us.
Praise be to God who does all things well! We are so overwhelmed at His care for us. We cannot begin to express the blessing that it is to be His children and we are truly grateful and feel blessed beyond measure to be this precious baby's parents!!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, forever more! We love you 3 with all our hearts.
Post a Comment