Yesterday we flew to Bogota. After only about 2 hours of sleep we woke up around 3am and were hugely blessed when Lisa arrived at our door to drive us to the airport. We have had some less than smooth flights in the past and trips where basically all that could go wrong did, but yesterday was a brilliant exception. Both segments of the flight arrived to their destinations ahead of schedule. We had room for our carry-ons. We slept somewhat, and even the food was great!!
So around 9pm we arrived at Eduardo´s grandparents´home not knowing what time today would be our appointment and only knowing that we had to call in the morning. I finally felt relaxed knowing that we were here and that in a matter of hours and not days we would have our little boy in our arms.
Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us to get sleep because last night was amazing. We were likely tired enough from the night before and that helped, but we both slept so well and woke up refreshed and excited for today.
Our appointment was at 3pm and it was the most amazing experience. After going through our mountain of papers to make sure everything was in order, we were escorted upstairs to wash up, and put on hospital gowns and masks. After that, we were taken to the nursery and into a room of basinets that were all empty but one!! Our guide lifted Luis out of his bassinet, turned to us and said ¨Here is your son¨ I had no idea what I would feel and I had played through that moment a million times over the past months, but nothing could have prepared me for the huge rush of love I felt and the sensation that time had stopped. We had a couple of minutes with the guide and a friend who was filming and then they both left us on our own with our boy. We were finally able to take our masks off and kiss his beautiful face!!! The tears flowed freely as we took turns holding him and taking pictures and generally just staring and thanking God for this most beautiful gift. I think the moment I will cherish forever was the first time I held him because he smiled at me. Through all of this I had a level of fear that he would cry because
I was a stranger but it was such a precious moment. So since then we{ve driven home - where he fell asleep in his carseat, had the first bottle and just generally spent the last 4 hours staring into his amazing eyes. There is a beautiful verse that I can´t find the reference to at this moment but it says ¨The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled to the top with joy¨ Nothing expresses this day better. We are so thankful to our Father who has given us the honor of being this precious baby´s parents.
So now we are looking forward to our web chat with Nana and Papa in an hour and then it will be the first bedtime. Be back soon, I think I´m going to take my turn to cuddle while Daddy puts a photo or two to pretty up this post.
Good night everyone from our new little family of 3!!!
5 comments:
There are no words...only tears of joy.
We love you all.
Aunty Deb and Aunty Pen
yes, you brought us to tears too! i LOVE that he smiled when you held him. he knew his mamma had come! =) what a precious gift you've been given. love you all so much!
We couldn't be more thrilled for you! What a sweet moment you shared as he smiled at you for the first time. Can't wait to meet your new addition. Give him a big ol' smooch on his forehead from us. JBT
We are very excited to see this bundle of joy. We can hardly wait until we can see him in real life.
May God Bless you in ever way.
Love
Uncle Nik & Auntie Sheila
Grandma and Grandpa will be over shortly to see these pictures and I do believe I may have to provide a kleenex for them
I know they would send their love
Post a Comment